Resatur GmbH’s company history
Resatur GmbH has been developing, producing and selling stainless steel products incorporating innovative electronics under its masunt brand for nine years.
The pre-foundation phase (2004 – 2010)
Stephan Untiedt and Markus Schacht, the founders, met while they were studying at the University of Münster.
After holding positions in international companies and a research institution, the two friends decided to quit their jobs and go self-employed.
The founding idea
Experiences that the founders’ friends and family had with respect to holiday home rentals and the associated key handover process led Stephan Untiedt and Markus Schacht to their idea of making key handover contactless. This was the starting signal for the specific development process of the first key safe models. Since then, the company has aimed to enable autonomous key handover using smart key boxes and to improve the process for guests, service providers and owners alike.
The family-like friendship with engineers and employees in Bulgaria, which has existed since 2007, formed the foundation of the development process for the first models made of high-quality stainless steel.
Resatur’s mission statement
Technically innovative products boasting high-quality workmanship are created based on the German/Bulgarian friendship. Expectations are for both the German and the Bulgarian workforce to grow steadily over time. The production facility is kitted out with modern machinery and offers stainless steel processing and component assembly capabilities as part of workshop production operations. The focus is on manual production processes, and production capacities have been expanded one step at a time.
The masunt brand’s mission statement
The masunt brand is part of Resatur GmbH, and its name is derived from the two founders’ names, Markus Schacht and Stephan Untiedt.
masunt is synonymous with high-quality products made of stainless steel. The products are handmade and equipped with innovative mechanics or electronics to offer the end customer added value in everyday life. Staff passionately produce both the stainless steel hardware and the smart software under fair conditions.
The limited liability company was founded in spring 2014. Since then, the following milestones have been recorded:
- The one-compartment key box is created (further developed today as the 1120 E Code)
- The product range is extended to include a four-compartment key box (today the 1420 E Code)
- Engineering and production orders from the company Electric-Spezial expand activities to include contract manufacturing. Housings for luminance measurement are made first of all
- The portfolio is expanded to include small mechanical deposit boxes like the M320
- The larger and more robust 2120 key safe is created to suit high security requirements
- The company relocates to Klopstockstrasse 5 in Hamburg in 2017, and additional employees are taken on in Hamburg
- masunt products are sold in 37 countries; 8,000 E Code models are sold
- Additional employees are taken on in Germany and Bulgaria
- The new compartment safes are developed under the masunt brand
- A maxi version of the 2120 E Code is launched on the market -> The new 2125 offers space for up to 21 keys in combination with innovative online code allocation
- The portfolio is expanded to include key safes with RFID opening, not to mention the proprietary cloud software development
- Software development of the masunt Connect web portal and the API for connecting the software of the masunt compartment safes to a variety of different complementary software services such as PMSs and business software.