We have compiled answers to frequently asked questions about the ordering process and the products in our range.
What is masunt?
masunt is Resatur GmbH’s product brand for secure and innovative key handover and storage.
How can I get advice?
If you would like to receive a personal consultation, you can get in touch with our expert advisors by calling +49 (0)40 716 629 905 or by emailing. You can also use our callback service.
How do I find the perfect product to suit my needs / application?
We are on hand to offer you personal advice and support. You can get in touch with our expert advisors by calling +49 (0)40 716 629 905 or by emailing. You are also welcome to have us call you back by using our callback service.
I am looking for a product to suit a specific application, but I haven’t been able to find a suitable solution.
Please feel free to contact us by phone (by calling +49 (0)40 716 629 905) or by email (info(at)masunt.com) so we can review your requirements and give you the best possible advice on this basis.
Questions about ordering, payment and shipping
How can I place an order?
You can easily and conveniently place your order using the shop. Alternatively, we can also take your order over the phone or by email.
Is my data secure during the transaction?
The ‘Sicher einkaufen’ online seal of approval awarded by the Händlerbund e-commerce association guarantees you a safe shopping experience. Our shop has been checked by IT legal experts to ensure that it is secure and complies with applicable data protection regulations. For additional data security, we use the SSL procedure to make sure that any personal data you enter is transmitted in encrypted form, meaning it cannot be viewed by third parties. Furthermore, the data you provide will only be used to process your orders and to improve the range of services we offer. We never disclose your data to third parties without your consent.
What payment methods are available?
We offer the following payment options for orders placed in Germany:
- Payment in advance
- Purchase on account
- Payment by instalments using Paypal*
- SEPA direct debit using Paypal
- Purchase on account using Papal
- Credit card
- American Express
- Debit card
- Carte Bleue
- SEPA direct debit
- Klarna instant bank transfer
Further details on payment:
- The invoice amount must be settled within seven days if you choose payment on account.
- If you are paying by SEPA basic direct debit or by SEPA business direct debit, you are authorising us – by issuing a corresponding SEPA mandate – to collect the invoice amount from the specified account. You will receive advance notification at least five days before the date the payment amount is collected from your account. Please note that you are required to ensure there are sufficient funds in your account on the announced date.
- If you are paying by credit card, your credit card account will be debited on conclusion of the contract.
How does shipping work?
When you place your order, you can choose between the service providers DHL, GLS and UPS in the shipping selection section.
What does shipping cost?
We do not charge shipping costs, and we offer free delivery for all products. Worldwide.
How long does delivery take?
National orders (i.e. orders that are delivered to destinations in Germany) will be with you within one to three days. If deliveries are being sent to destinations in nearby foreign countries (in Europe), the order will be delivered to you within two to four days. For deliveries further afield (to destinations in the rest of the world), please enquire in advance about the estimated delivery times, as they can vary.
Please note that no deliveries are made on Sundays and public holidays. If you have ordered items with different delivery times, we will send the goods as a joint consignment unless we have made alternative arrangements with you. In this case, the delivery time is determined by your ordered item with the longest delivery time.
The item I ordered was damaged or went missing during the shipping process.
The items we ship are sent in sturdy packaging boxes along with sufficient padding. But if parcels still arrive damaged or parts end up missing, please feel free to contact us using one of the contact options shown in the section below. Please be sure to have your order number to hand when you contact us so we can help you quickly.
Are orders delivered to other countries too?
Our products are delivered worldwide.
What happens if I’d like to make a complaint?
If you have a technical problem, our technical advisors will be happy to help you resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Please feel free to contact us using the options listed below.
Can invoice data be adjusted at a later date?
If you require the invoice data to be adjusted, simply send a short email to info(at)masunt.com stating what data you would like changed. Please also include your telephone number so we can contact you if we have any queries.
I have not received my shipment
Please check the tracking system to see if the parcel has been left with a neighbour or in a parcel shop. Please contact us directly if the shipment status has not changed for five days.
Questions about key safes with an electronic lock
How are the products installed?
The products can be surface-mounted or flush-mounted. There are corresponding openings on the back to make marking holes easy. After checking the condition of the wall and selecting a drill and drill bit, the wall can be prepared with just a few drill holes. The enclosed screws and dowels, which measure 5.5 cm long, are then used to firmly anchor the product in the wall substrate.
Where can I get help with setting up and operating the products?
Each product comes with an operating manual that explains all the important setup and handling steps. Additionally, the operating manuals can be downloaded as PDF files from the product detail pages in question or from the digital operating manuals page. If you have any further unanswered questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our personal support team. You are more than welcome to call us (on +49 (0)40 716 629 905) or email us (on info(at)masunt.com). Alternatively, you are also welcome to have us call you back by using our callback service.
Why do your prices differ so much compared to cheap products?
Our products stand out from cheap goods due to the following features:
Material and workmanship:
- Only high-quality and durable stainless steels (AISI 304 and AISI 316) are used in the manufacturing process. To ensure the high quality of workmanship, the stainless steel is laser-cut, then welded by hand.
- The inside of the safe is blasted with glass beads until the fine silk matt effect is created. This strengthens the interior surface structure, making it less susceptible to dirt.
- To provide effective corrosion protection, the edges are ground, rounded and polished to a gloss. The luxury, characteristic look is finally created by brushing the surface.
Size and interior fittings:
- The key safes with the most space.
- In all the products, care has been taken to ensure that there is sufficient space for storing keys and additional items too. So not only can thin, individual keys be stored, but also entire key rings, keys with fobs or even vehicle keys.
- The compartments in the ‘E Code series’ always have three hooks for hanging up the keys and, depending on the version, also have a shelf and storage space for objects such as welcome cards, key cards and smaller items.
Access with remote control:
- The special feature of the ‘E Code models’ is that access to the keys can be controlled and managed remotely.
- What this means in practice is that you don’t need to wait around anymore for late arrivals. Keys are handed over without any need for staff as part of a contactless, flexible process. Around the clock and independent of personal presence.
- In addition to ‘classic’ manual codes, time-limited online codes can be generated using a web portal and sent directly from there to guests by email or text message with minimal effort.
- Independent of a WLAN or radio connection and a power connection with corresponding cabling. There is also no need for customers to install an app in advance. Only two AAA batteries, which are already inserted in the electronic lock, are needed for operation.
Is a power connection needed for operation?
There is no need for an external power connection. The electronic lock is powered by two AAA batteries.
Are the products suitable for use outdoors?
Absolutely. The electronic locks are classified as having IP55 protection, which means they are demonstrably protected against dust and hose water (jets) from any angle. The solid stainless steel housings (made of V2A or V4A with extra corrosion protection) are completely weatherproof and resistant to the elements.
Can the products also be used in latitudes with extreme temperatures?
The products withstand temperature requirements in the best possible way. Thanks to modern lithium batteries, they can be used at temperatures ranging from -40°C to +60°C.
How many keys fit into a key safe?
One compartment is fitted with three hooks each for hanging keys. Additionally, it is also possible to store additional access media or smaller objects too.
How long do the batteries last?
The alkaline Micro (AAA) batteries already included in the scope of delivery usually withstand more than 15,000 closing cycles. It is still advisable to use high-performance lithium batteries.
How can I check the batteries’ status?
You can query the battery status by entering the following sequence:
When should I change the batteries?
It is advisable to change the batteries when they are low. This is the case with status ➂ and, at the latest, with status ➃.
The LEDs also indicate when the end of the batteries’ life is approaching. In this case, the • red LED lights up three times before the • blue LED after a code is entered. From this point onwards, you have approximately 100 closing cycles until the end of the batteries’ life.
How can I replace / change the batteries?
Proceed as follows for key safes with customer item numbers 1120, 1140, 1420 and 1440:
Loosen the cross-headed screw and the 13 mm nut on the back of the lock. Also loosen the 19 mm nut behind the 13 mm nut. You can now remove the lock from the door and reach the battery compartment to change the batteries.
But proceed as follows for key safes with customer item numbers 2120, 2140, 2125 and 2145:
- Open the key safe’s door
- Remove the covering cap by loosening the four cross-headed screws on the back of the door
- Remove the four spacers the covering cap was screwed onto using a 7 mm open-ended spanner and then turn the lock’s knob to the closed position
- Then lift the central plate upwards to remove it
- Remove the 13 mm nut at the bottom end of the plate (at the height of the knob) and, at this point, lift the metal plate below off the lock spindle, so you can reach the nut securing the spindle with a 19 mm open-ended spanner. Remove this carefully. At the same time, remove the cross-headed screw at the top end of the plate through the opening in the cross. You can now remove the lock and reach the battery compartment.
- After changing the battery, carry out the installation process in reverse order. Ensure that the rubber seal around the lock is in the correct position. Now update the time and date if you’re using the safe in online code mode.
What happens if the batteries are completely flat or defective? How can I access the product then?
The electronic lock has been designed so that you can access the product even when the batteries are flat. To do this, you need a 9 V block battery that supplies power to the lock externally, allowing you to open it.
Proceed as follows:
The contact points of the 9 V block battery must be positioned around the lock’s • red and • blue LEDs ((+) pole against the contact of the • red LED and (-) pole against the contact of the blue • LED). As soon as both LEDs have lit up once, you can immediately enter the master code and the lock can be opened using the lever.
Both LEDs are flashing at the same time. What must I do in this situation?
In this case, the LEDs are indicating that setting the time and date is mandatory. You need to do this after changing the batteries, for example.
Enter the following sequence to set the time and date:
Result: The lock’s internal clock was set to 11.01 am on 15 June 2021. Please set the current local time without adjusting it for daylight savings time.
How can I change the user code?
Enter the following sequence to change the user code:
#Master code•02•New user code••
Result: 9999 – the new user code – works now.
How can I delete the user code?
Enter the following sequence to delete the user code:
Result: The user code has been deleted.
How can I change the master code?
Enter the following sequence to change the master code:
#Master code•01•New master code•New master code••
Result: 12345678 – the new master code – works now.
What happens if I forget my master code?
Use the user code to open the safe and remove one of the two batteries. (To access the battery compartment, please read the ‘Replacing the batteries’ section in your product’s operating manual) Hold down button 1 and insert the removed battery again. The • blue LED flashes twice. Release button 1 again. Press button 1 three times within 3 seconds. The • blue LED flashes twice. The lock is now reset to factory settings. All the stored information has been deleted, and the factory-set master code (11335577) is active.
How does the online code function work (even though there is no internet or wireless connection)?
The online code is based on the function of two concurrent algorithms. The key safes that are to be controlled using the online code are entered once in the web portal. The date and time are entered into the lock as part of this process. An algorithm then begins to calculate in the lock – and, in parallel, the same algorithm on the web portal. This algorithm continuously generates a pool of valid six-digit or seven-digit codes. The synchronisation just described ensures that the valid code ‘taken’ from the web portal is the same in your key safe’s lock.
A clear and understandable explanation of how online code allocation works is provided in the explanatory video. So the key safe can be set up anywhere in the world and can practically be controlled remotely using the web portal. Thanks to this innovative and highly secure technology, there is no need for the lock to be connected to the internet. Key handover through the key safe is therefore solved conveniently and securely at the same time.
How are the online codes sent?
You can use the web portal to send the online codes to the desired recipient either by email or by text message.
Questions about key safes with a mechanical lock
How many keys can be stored in a key safe / key deposit box?
You can store up to three keys in it.
What happens if I lose my key?
In this case, please contact us.
Do you have a question that hasn’t been answered here?